From the previous post, I mentioned that I didn’t have much time on the exhibit floor. Because of the limited days, I focused on the technology in the kitchen and bath of the home renovation needs.
First, I want to share the moment I rubbed elbows with a very colorful personality. As I entered the North Hall entrance of the Las Vegas Convention Centre, I was struck by this young, well dressed fella. Let me just say, if it wasn’t for Mr. Nice Guy a.k.a. David Bromstad, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon Dupont and their partnership. David will be their Creative Consultant for DuPont™ Corian® solid surface material and DuPont™ Zodiaq® quartz surfaces. You can find out more about their partnership here: http://bit.ly/1lX75ij
OK. OK. I’ve digressed…Onward and stay focused.
Hafele America Co.
Feel free to view the link of a video below of the Lift-Up device I’ve recorded from the Hafele America Co. Booth.
What you’re seeing in the video is how Hafele have incorporated the TV lift technology in a kitchen design application. Now, why didn’t I think of that!
Another Hafele product is the Servo Dr. What a perfect solution for the physically challenged and the Aging in Place population!
Moen launched their new faucetry with MotionSense capability. Everyday tasks, like washing hands, cleaning dishes or preparing meals become less cumbersome. The end-user can utilize the Wave Sensor, which is at the top of the faucet or the Ready Sensor, which is near the base of the faucet. Depending on the end-user’s task at the moment, the convenience of turning the faucet on or off will…
- Because users’ needs are not always the same, there are three ways to turn on Moen faucets with MotionSense:
- The Wave Sensor, at the top of the faucet, starts and stops the water flow with a simple hand movement above the faucet
- The Ready Sensor, near the base of the faucet, identifies when an object, like a cup or the user’s hand, is placed beneath the spout, and runs water for as long as that item remains in range of the sensor
- The handle on the side of the faucet offers familiar, manual operation, letting users adjust flow and temperature
- A special valve design fully supports manual and digital modes, meaning the hands-free feature works any time – even when the handle is in the “off” position
- It also means that the faucet will always function in manual mode – even if it loses battery charge or power
- Hands-free technology reduces the spread of germs
- Saves water when using the Ready Sensor by supplying water only when the user’s hands or an object are within the sensing zone
- Moen has made the installation process as streamlined as possible, with pre-assembled components and simple push-fit connections
- Powered by a battery pack that utilizes six standard AA batteries or by an optional AC power adapter
- An LED light provides visual feedback to the user, indicating when the faucet turns on or off; or using a unique light pattern to notify if the faucet should run low on battery power
- Now available in four unique styles:
- New Brantford™ pulldown kitchen faucet with MotionSense features traditional styling and is available in Chrome, Oil Rubbed Bronze and Spot Resist™ Stainless finish
- Arbor® pulldown kitchen faucet with MotionSense features transitional styling and is available in Chrome, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and Spot Resist Stainless finish
Dacor’s Discovery iQ Dual-Fuel Range
The connected kitchen just got smarter. Dacor®, the leading manufacturer of ultra-premium kitchen appliances, announces its new Discovery™ iQ 48” Dual-Fuel Range, the world’s first range to feature an integrated, wirelessly-connected tablet with the proprietary Dacor iQ Controller, a sleek new control panel for today’s sophisticated chef who wants control of the range via any smart phone or tablet, from anywhere they are connected. Perfect for a busy lifestyle. Now you can watch cooking tutorials, download favorite recipes and access expert cooking advice, right from the range! You can basically pre-programmed Dacor Guide™ practically anything!
• Soft-close door hinges that prevent doors from slamming, providing a luxury kitchen experience
• 14-inch wide continuous platform Grates™ that allow for large pots and pans to effortlessly be transported from burner to burner
• GreenClean™ Steam Technology which cleans light build-up in just 30 minutes without the need for high heat or harsh chemicals
• Wi-Fi software updates ensure that users can download the latest recipes and innovations
The Discovery iQ 48” Dual-Fuel Range is priced at $11,999 UMRP and will be available nationwide in June 2014.
The Dacor iQ Controller runs on an Android™ based tablet and was first introduced in the Dacor Discovery iQ Wall Oven in 2013. Dacor has now extended this technology to its new range line.
Through consumer research, Electrolux found that 83 percent of consumers don’t believe their dishwasher cleans effectively, and 57 percent think current cycles take too long. To address consumer demand for a faster, more effective clean the new line-up of dishwashers feature a category leading 30-Minute Fast Wash cycle that delivers a professional-level clean. The latest in cooking technologies were also on display, including induction cooktops and freestanding ranges with induction technology.
“Electrolux ( www.electroluxappliances.com ) is proud to be a driving force behind high-end design, entertaining and cooking solutions,” said John Weinstock, Vice President Marketing for Electrolux Major Appliances in North America. “Our latest product innovations are thoughtfully and sleekly designed with amazing capabilities that address numerous consumer pain points so our customers can more easily achieve professional-like results at home.”
– Stainless Steel Dishwasher with IQ-Touch™ Controls *NEW*
o Professional level clean with a “Fast Wash” cycle that thoroughly cleans and dries dishes in just 30 minutes
o ProClean with SatelliteSpray Arm technology provides 400% more water coverage than a traditional dishwasher
o Third Level Rack® offers convenient space for spatulas and unique kitchen tools, or extra room for everyday utensils
o Available for purchase in March, 2014; $1,099
The SmartKey and Kevo from Kwikset were another innovative products I found during the show. Granted it is not your typical product under the Kitchen and Bath category, but why not? If you are someone who owns a rental unit and there are certain belongings you would like to store in a cabinetry, these two are great unique solutions to this problem.
Find out more here: http://www.kwikset.com/SmartSecurity/Re-Key-Technology.aspx
Lasertron began operation in 1980 as a laser job shop specializing in cutting industrial ceramic for the microelectronics industry. Typically, Lasertron’s capabilities include metal cutting, drilling cooling holes in jet engines, and fabricating sheet metal assemblies for other industrial companies.
In 2003, many of the processes Lasertron developed were to produce a line of stainless steel cabinets and cabinet doors for residential kitchens. They have been granted 3 patents and have won numerous industry awards and recognition for their uniqe cabinets and doors. In 2010, they developed a novel process for producing an etched design on stainless steel sheets using no chemicals in the process. A patent was granted for this process last year. Applications for their metal etched designs can be found on elevator doors, cabinet doors, cruise ships, and outdoor monument signs.
Residential applications? How about a great outdoor kitchen?